HR Assistant - Cluj
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Based in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. The company was founded initially to collect and preserve rare chemical research samples in 1996. To promote the samples collection, MDPI started the free electronic journal Molecules that same year.
Our 211 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals are supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is freely available and all content is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY).
Job Summary and Responsibilities
We are looking for an HR Assistant to support our full cycle recruiting process and other HR-related activities.
As an HR Assistant, you will support the hiring team with identifying the best channels and places to promote the company’s openings, online job posting, screenings, examining CVs, and scheduling interviews. To ensure success, you should have excellent communication skills both in English and Romanian, organizations skills, the ability to multi-task, empathy and patience.
- Post job ads on professional sites, job sites and social media
- Screening resumes
- Schedule calls and interviews
- Manage calendar for the hiring team and the candidates
- Managing the applications’ database
- Communicate with candidates promptly
- Send out emails for the applicants (e.g. confirming receipt of applications, rejection emails) and handle paperwork (e.g. offer letters)
- Participate in recruiting events such as career fairs or job presentations in universities
- Promote positive candidate experience throughout the hiring process
- Communicating with the international HR team and other colleagues involved in the recruitment process
- Offering support in other HR-related activities requested
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business, Communications or a similar field
- Previous experience in recruitment, payroll or HR-related activities will be considered an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to conduct interviews via live chat and face to face
- Good organizational skills
- A competitive salary and benefits
- An international working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Personal and professional development
- A friendly office environment
Questions and applications
Please send your CV by email to [email protected]
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.