To strengthen our IT & R&D team, we are looking for an experienced PHP Developer to help architect, build and maintain our frontend and backend systems. You will join a fast-paced team driving in an international environment. The position of PHP Developer is a full-time and permanent position based in our city center office in Basel, Switzerland.
As PHP Developer you will:
- Participate actively in various projects, from the design phase to the production phase
- Collaborate with internal teams to design and develop new features with a high level of quality
- Implement new logic for future functionalities
- Maintain and update both backend and frontend
- Apply designs for UX designers’ drafts
- Learn through sharing good practices
- Bachelor degree in computer science, a Master is an advantage
- At least 3 years of experience in PHP OOP projects
- Strong knowledge of Symfony or other PHP frameworks is a plus
- Good knowledge with MySQL
- Good frontend skills
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Detail oriented with the capacity to see the big picture
- Team player with the capability to work in a dynamic, international environment, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to think outside the box to identify and solve problems whilst developing creative and innovative solutions
- PHP, Symfony Framework, MVC
- HTML5, CSS, SASS, JS, jQuery
- REST, JSON
- Ubuntu, Nginx, MySQL, Solr, Elasticsearch, Git
- Mongo, Memcached
- PHPUnit, NewRelic, Grafana
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms:
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your cover letter and CV by E-Mail to [email protected] We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 200 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.